[whatwg] Where did the "rev" attribute go?

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 23:56:13 PDT 2006

Hello Matthew,

That clears things up a bit.

But, if the intent is to really get rid of confusion then....  There's
actually 2 things I noticed confuse people.

#1: That the label you pick for the "rel" (or "rev") needs to be a noun.  (I
do understand why... at least I think I do... so that you can use the same
label in the "class" attribute.  But it makes things difficult for some
people.)

#2: That "rel" (and "rev") represent a relation between the two.  Often
people seem to want to "classify" what's at the end of the "href".  (Instead
of specifying a relation.)  Perhaps a new attribute is needed.  Perhaps
"hrefclass".

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.