[whatwg] Canvas 2d methods

L. David Baron dbaron at dbaron.org
Mon Jul 3 14:48:42 PDT 2006

On Sunday 2006-07-02 22:47 +0200, Stefan Gössner wrote:
> hmm ...
>
> ctx.scale(2,1)
>   .rotate(Math.PI/4)
>   .translate(4,-6);
>
> illustrates a sequence of manipulations semantically very well, doesn't it?

In my opinion, this pattern generally makes sense semantically when used
on immutable objects (e.g., strings in JavaScript).

I don't think this pattern makes sense for mutable objects.  It just
suggests immutability.  And making the canvas context objects immutable
doesn't really make sense without much more significant changes.

-David