[whatwg] <input type="text" accept="">

Robert Græsdal mail at robbiegee.com
Sat Jun 10 15:21:38 PDT 2006

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 03:49:50 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> I don't think it's an option because:
>
>    <input type="text" required maxlength="80" name="subject"
>           spellcheck list="subjects" value="Hey there"
>           inputmode="user startUpper">
>
> ...or:
>
>    <input type="text" required name="formula" spellcheck="math"
>           inputmode="math" highlight="math" auto-evaluate>
>
> ...or:
>
>    <textarea name="source" rows="80" spellcheck="off" autoindent="C++"
>              highlight="C++" auto-evaluate="off">
>
> ...gets out of hand very fast.

How about something like cascading behaviour sheets?

#first-name {
	inputmode: user startUpper;
	spellcheck: enabled;
}
.cplusplus {
	spellcheck: disabled;
	autoindent: C++;
	highlight: C++;
	auto-evaluate: disabled;
}
.math {
	spellcheck: math;
	inputmode: math;
	highlight: math;
	auto-evaluate: enabled;
}

I'd hate to have to specify all those attributes to every single input
field for sure.

By the way - Hello everyone, this is my first post to the list.
- Robert Græsdal