[whatwg] <input type="text" accept="">

Alexey Feldgendler alexey at feldgendler.ru
Sun Jun 11 07:36:26 PDT 2006

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 20:11:39 +0700, Lachlan Hunt
<lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au> wrote:

>> Maybe features like spellckeching, syntax highlighting and so on should
>> be controlled via CSS?

> No, spell checking is a user agent feature that should be controlled by
> the UA and the user.  Authors should have no explicit control over it.

One can also say that authors should not have explicit control over
whether hyperlinks are underlined or not.

> Besides, spell checking *is not*  presentation, it is UA functionality
> and so it does not belong in the presentation layer.

Visual elements      <=> Presentation
Interactive elements <=> Behavior

I think these are similar relationships. BTW, isn't the "cursor" CSS
property about behavior?