[whatwg] Spellchecking proposal #2

David Hyatt hyatt at apple.com
Thu Jun 22 17:24:28 PDT 2006

If the user wants spell checking on in all textareas, then it should
be on, regardless of what the page says.  I don't think the page
should be allowed to override spell checking rules, since this is
really a user decision.  For example, I know how to spell, so I don't
want spell checking on in any controls.  A person with poor spelling,
however, might want spell checking on in all controls.  I think it's
totally inappropriate for a Web page to have any control over spell
checking settings.

dave
(hyatt at apple.com)