[whatwg] Spellchecking proposal #2

David Hyatt hyatt at apple.com
Thu Jun 22 17:48:29 PDT 2006

The only time spell checking matters is when the user is the one
creating the content (not the author).  It doesn't make any sense to
spell check non-editable content that the user didn't even create.
If the content is editable, then spell checking should just be left
up to the preference of the user who is editing the content.  I
really don't see the point of this feature being included in markup.
If Mozilla wants it, fine, but I don't think it should be in HTML5.

dave
(hyatt at apple.com)