[whatwg] Targetting different anchors after submitting the form

Ric Hardacre whatwg at cycloid.f9.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 02:23:18 PST 2006

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Mikko Rantalainen wrote:
>> Perhaps something along the lines
>>
>> <form action="url">
>> <input name="foo" type="submit" anchor="xfoo">
>> <input name="bar" type="submit" anchor="xbar">
>> </form>
>
> With WF2 you can just do:
>
>    <form action="url">
>     <input name="foo" type="submit" action="url#xfoo">
>     <input name="bar" type="submit" action="url#xbar">
>    </form>

indeed:

2.17. Extensions to the submit buttons

In some cases, authors would like to be able to submit a form to
different processors, using different submission methods, or not
replacing the form but just updating the details with new data. For this
reason, the following attributes may be used on submit buttons: action,
method, enctype, replace, and target.

if only i could figure our how to compile the firefox source (i've tried
on three seperate occasions it's just far too complicated with all the
extra garbage you have to install and configure first!) i could see this
as something i could put in a local version to assist with making
test-cases of the spec.

ric hardacre
http://www.cyclomedia.co.uk/