[whatwg] Significant inline content vs. attributes and sectional elements

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Mon Mar 13 07:00:06 PST 2006

On Mar 10, 2006, at 00:08, Ian Hickson wrote:

> Exceptions: <base target> may mean that
> <base> should have either href or target.

I just realized that if the base element has attributes other than
href, for example id or class, there is no way to serialize those
attributes in conforming XHTML5. I suggest banning attributes other
than href on base, so that conforming HTML5 documents can be
serialized as conforming XHTML5 documents without data loss. This
would be consistent with the prohibition of extra attributes on the
charset meta.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi