[whatwg] JSONRequest

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Wed Mar 29 21:03:04 PST 2006

Douglas Crockford wrote:
>> If application/json isn't acceptable (though I don't know why it
>> wouldn't be), then try a hyphen instead: application/json-request
>
> The issue is to provide a way of identifying JSONRequest transactions
> that cannot be confused with legacy applications.

To me, this just feels like misuse of the MIME type.  It should describe
the content type of the message body, not the protocol/method used to
access it.  Maybe a parameter could be used instead.

i.e.  application/json;param=value

Though, as I'm still not exactly sure what the new MIME type idea is
supposed to express, I've got no idea what the parameter could be called.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/