[whatwg] fullscreen event?

Jorgen Horstink mail at jorgenhorstink.nl
Wed May 10 01:47:48 PDT 2006

> >/ Martijn wrote:
/> >/ > I was thinking, maybe a fullscreen (and a normalscreen event or
/> >/ > something like that) event would be useful?
/> >/ > Also, a fullScreen property (which returns true or false) on the
/> >/ > window would in that case be handy.
/> >/
> />/ What do you have in mind? I know that the browser's chrome disappears
/> >/ but otherwise how is this different from a normal resize event?
/>
> Hmm, yes, I guess it's not really that much different from a resize
> event. So, indeed a fullscreen event is probably not that useful.
> But I think a way of detecting when the browser is in fullscreen mode
> would be useful.
>
> Regards,
> Martijn

I think a fullscreen event is not necessary because it is not that much
different from a normal resize event. The question is: when is it usefull
to know whether or not the browser chrome is visible or not?
For presentations you can just press a button (if the browser supports
fullscreen mode) and a resize event will be fired. Properties and Events
regarding to fullscreen should not be in the specs. That should be up to
the vendor to implement.
I just had a little chat with Anne and he thinks a rendering change
event (ie: before printing, generate a table of contents) will be usefull.
I think he is right.

-jorgen