[whatwg] Comments on <canvas> tag

Peter Hall peterjoel at gmail.com
Sat May 20 08:28:27 PDT 2006

I really like that idea. But I think you'd put the method on
CanvasRenderingContext2D instead of canvas itself?

foo.getContext("2d").drawElement(document.getElementById("ds1title"), 45,
60);

In the latest Flash player, you can do something similar with
BitmapData.draw(), but there are additional arguments for matrix transform,
blending mode, clip rectangle and smoothing options. I'd certainly want to
at least be able to scale and clip what I'm drawing.

Peter