[whatwg] PaceAutoDiscoveryDraftIsPointless

James M Snell jasnell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 15:18:33 PST 2006

Hello,

Over on the IETF Atom Syntax mailing list we're discussing whether or
not to pursue the autodiscovery draft that had previously been put on
the table [1] or to simply point to the HTML5 work and be done with it.
 While reviewing the HTML5 draft and comparing that to the Atom
auto-discovery draft, a couple of questions came to mind.

 1. Is the order of alternate link rels in a document significant?

 2. Are multiple alternate links with the same type attribute
    considered to be equivalent regardless of where those links appear
    in the document.

Thanks!

[1]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-snell-atompub-autodiscovery-00.txt