[whatwg] Joe Clark's Criticisms of the WHATWG and HTML 5

Christoph Päper christoph.paeper at crissov.de
Wed Nov 1 13:20:58 PST 2006

*Anne van Kesteren*, 2006-11-01:

> On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 19:24:17 +0100, Christoph Päper
> <christoph.paeper at crissov.de>
>> And HTML5 isn't that semantically pure anyway.

Oh, I thought I had removed this slightly offending sentence before
sending, anyways ...

> Where can it be improved?

I just think that redefining the meaning of existing element types,
like |dl| or |small| (and I hadn't realized that |i| has been
replaced by |x|), is a bit odd, although it is a very practical
solution, which is a good thing for a language that is no longer
intended solely for (hyper)texts, but also for application interfaces.