[whatwg] Object data Attribute

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Mon Nov 6 17:28:18 PST 2006

Hi,
   Should the data attribute be required for <object>?  There is at
least one plugin that doesn't need it.  XStandard embeds itself without
using it, like this:

<object type="application/x-xstandard" id="editor1" width="100%"
height="400">
   <param name="Value" value="Hello World!" />
</object>

I'm not sure whether that's a correct use of the object element or not,
and I do think it would make more sense for XStandard to replace a
textarea, but there must be implementation issues with that or something.

http://xstandard.com/page.asp?p=A4372B00-8D7F-4166-977C-64E5C4E3708E&ss=C2B75B64-1544-429D-ACDA-07D17E35FB56

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/