[whatwg] hash Attribute

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Fri Nov 10 12:01:18 PST 2006

Regarding the idea of a hashing feature for downloads:

 * I don't see why this idea should be in HTML rather than doing it the
   way that the many, many existing solutions do it.

 * I don't see why this idea would work anyway. All the proposed UIs have
   obvious and fatal flaws.

Both of these points need to be fully addressed before it would make sense
to add this feature to HTML.