[whatwg] The WHATWG Blog and FAQ

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Mon Nov 13 20:20:31 PST 2006

Hi Everyone,

*The WHATWG Blog*

   A new community blog has been created [1].  The aim of the blog is to
keep the public informed about the development of (X)HTML 5, the WHATWG,
and related topics, and get feedback from those who do not wish to
participate directly in the mailing list.

At present, we're going to allow anyone who has contributed to the spec
to register and write a post.  You can write whatever you like as long
as it's on topic.  But remember, when you write a post, you'll be seen
as representing the WHATWG and if you write something bad, that reflects
badly on the whole community.  Basically, use your common sense and keep
it polite.

A select few of us will act as moderators just to take action when
necessary.  Any wildly off-topic or extremely inappropriate posts will
be deleted, but hopefully we won't need to delete anything (except
spam).  We'll see how this system goes for now, but if it gets out of
hand we'll have to make other arrangements.

If you want to do something about the blog design, create a WordPress
template and send it to Hixie.

*The FAQ*

Based on the feedback received [2] from the recent announcements [3],
we're also creating an FAQ [4].  Any suggestions for questions or
answers are welcome.  Just send them to the list with "[FAQ]" in the
subject line.  I'll be the editor of the FAQ and will respond to all of
those posts (where necessary).

[1] http://blog.whatwg.org/
[2] http://del.icio.us/lachlan.hunt/WHATWG
[3] http://lachy.id.au/log/2006/11/future-of-html