[whatwg] Allow trailing slash in always-empty HTML5 elements?

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Wed Nov 29 08:10:40 PST 2006

On Nov 29, 2006, at 17:51, Stewart Brodie wrote:

> <select id="iRegion" name="pff00000000010004" />

> I'm still in favour of permitting the trailing slash, personally.

I am against permitting it in the case of your example, because the
content model of select is not empty. However, permitting it in the
case that Sam suggested could make sense.

Is it worse for a conformance checker to cry wolf on the slash or for
authors to believe that the slash actually means something? That's
the question.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi