[whatwg] The Module Tag

Alexey Feldgendler alexey at feldgendler.ru
Tue Oct 31 09:43:04 PST 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:45:53 +0600, Douglas Crockford
<douglas at crockford.com> wrote:

> JSON is a safe subset of JavaScript. It is meaningful in a JavaScsript
> context (which is where we currently are). If we ever have a
> multilingual future (and I hope that we do), JSON has demonstrated
> amazing interoperability.

Because JSON strings are a subset of strings in general, I don't see how
limiting to just JSON strings can be useful.

> I am a big fan of asynchronicity, but I don't think it is indicated in
> this case. I want tighter temporal binding between the sender and the
> receiver
> so that they can cooperate in event handling. Such patterns are
> complicated if event handling is also the medium of communication. I
> also want an
> exception raised on sending if there isn't a corresponding receiver.
> This is an important indication of willingness and ability to cooperate.

You need to define precisely what happens in the context of the receiver
when it handles a message. Does script processing suspend for that time?
Or does it run in parallel to handling the message?