[whatwg] Hacking away on forms ... (fwd)

Dave Raggett dsr at w3.org
Sun Sep 10 09:29:02 PDT 2006

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 14:19:02 +0200, Dave Raggett <dsr at w3.org> wrote:
>> You can then use view source to look at the source markup. Let me
>> know if you want to create some more tests. For example, it's
>> possible that the results will vary according to whether IE is in
>> quirks mode or not.
>
> It seems you're currently "testing" in quirks mode. I suggest we
> only look at standards mode as that's relevant for the HTML5
> parsing section.

Well I tried removing the XML declaration and adding the doctype
for XHTML, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

  http://people.w3.org/~dsr/dom/test2.html

p.s. I was using the info on quirks mode at:

           http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quirks_mode

  Dave Raggett <dsr at w3.org>  W3C lead for multimodal interaction
  http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett +44 1225 866240 (or 867351)