[whatwg] Editorial: parsing section

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Sep 21 12:40:18 PDT 2006

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> When you have phrases like 'Change the insertion mode to "in select".'
> it would be nice if "in select" was a pointer to the relevant section.
> Currently "insertion mode" is a pointer and that's hardly useful.

The problem is the "in select" mode includes the start of the "in body"
mode. e.g. whatever insertion mode you're in, if you find a <!DOCTYPE>,
you have to handle it as described at the top of 8.2.4.3.7. But I suppose
we could add the links anyway... What do you think? Do you really want the
links, even though they'd be kind of technically incorrect?