[whatwg] Default (informal) Style Sheet

Thomas Broyer t.broyer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 07:20:39 PDT 2007

2007/4/2, Asbjørn Ulsberg:

According to <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/sample.html> this is margin.

> What is the default style of <li> elements? Do they have outside or inside alignment?
> Padding or margin or both? What is their line-height?

Default values apply for list-style-image and list-style-position
(respectively 'none' and 'outside').
Default value ('disc') applies for list-style-type for LIs in ULs and
is 'decimal' for LIs in OLs.
OLs and ULs also have a 40px left margin and, when not nested within
each others 1.33em top and bottom margins.
Line height has its default value ('normal')

> Please see my example of <hr> as well, in my reply to Anne.

Border.

That's what the CSS spec says, not necessarily what browsers do ;-)

> Should the HTML or CSS specification then encourage HTML and CSS authors
> to use such a "zapper" to get expected visual results across browsers?

Why not, but such a "zapper" should then be given in the spec(s).

--
Thomas Broyer