[whatwg] Tendious use cases for <dialog>

David Walbert dwalbert at learnnc.org
Wed Apr 4 05:54:08 PDT 2007

On Mar 30, 2007, at 12:22 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:

>     <dialog>

>       <dt>caker</dt>
>       <dd>sweet</dd>

>       <dt>caker</dt>
>       <dd>it worked</dd>

>       <dt>encode</dt>
>       <dd>yay!</dd>
>
>     <dialog>

In this case it seems to me that the <p><time> combination is itself
a header for the dt/dd pair that follows, but the <p> markup doesn't
convey that. Some sort of specialized markup might be preferable
here. I don't know how much demand for it there would be, though.
(Less, I think, than for the ability to mark up an action in the
middle of dialogue.) If the time doesn't have to be a separate block-
level element, it could be marked up simply as

<dialog>
	<dd>sweet</dd>

_____
David Walbert