[whatwg] Sequential List Proposal

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Sun Apr 8 11:42:50 PDT 2007

Michel Fortin wrote:

> So I propose a <sl> element (sequential list) which can be used to
> replace <dialog> as well as other things. The proposal can be found here:

Sounds a little redundant with ol (ordered list). Also sounds needlessly
confusing and hard to explain. I'm not sure we really need dialog, but
at least it's simple and obvious to explain to people what it means. The
more abstract and generic we get the harder this becomes. Concreteness
is underrated among software developers, but widely appreciated by other
users.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!