[whatwg] Infinite loopcount for audio and video

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Mon Apr 23 23:16:59 PDT 2007

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:32:57 +0200, ddailey <ddailey at zoominternet.net>
wrote:
> Makes sense to me. If such a thing is not already spoken for why not aim
> toward a little consistency with pre-existing implementations, like in
> SVG, where it would be repeatCount="indefinite"?
>
> Not my favorite piece of nomenclature ever, but it's out there and has a
> user-base already.

Given that language is already spelled wrong remarkably often introducing
indefinite as attribute value might not be a good idea. Besides that, the
WHATWG specification already breaks with the SMIL model so just copying
some bits doesn't seem like a good justification for consistency.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>