[whatwg] Why Canvas?

WeBMartians webmartians at verizon.net
Wed Aug 1 04:25:41 PDT 2007

Sorry, Andrew. I missed seeing your email and did not include it in my latest - I haven't had my orange juice yet, and while I may be standing with my eyes open, my brain hasn't yet caught up.

I completely missed the CSS aspect and the foreground/background image slant as well. Good call.

The introduction of foreground images as well as background images makes things a lot more complicated:

- Which one is selected by
	var cvs = document.getElementById(<elementIdentity>);?
- If you have one foreground image, why not have many in layers?
- If you have layers, what about transparency (or alpha) and what about Z-order changes?
	Wow! World of Warcraft superimposed over the nightly news video!
	...given 3D ... Halo superimposed over WWft over nightly news...

Shudder... I think this will require more than orange juice. It may be best to let this monster snooze until HTML 6.