[whatwg] Looking at menus in HTML5...

Křištof Želechovski giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl
Thu Aug 9 11:09:16 PDT 2007

I had motoric disabilities in mind.
The simplest way to generate menu item mnemonics is to do it incrementally, as in autocompletion.  It requires the items to have distinct prefixes so having both "Save" and "Save as..." is unacceptable.  Another possibility is to use the first letter if it is unique, otherwise repeat pressing the first letter until you arrive at the item you need and press Enter.  It works if the menu is relatively short.
And the Polish term for "Select all" is "Mark all".  It is not a translation but it is commonly used.  It was used for the English interface in ancient text editors, e.g. ChiWriter.
Chris