[whatwg] hashchange only dispatched in history traversal

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Fri Aug 10 15:11:27 PDT 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 12:35 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> ...leads to something that isn't IMHO that much clearer or better than
> what we have now:
>
>   onhashchanged=""
>
> The advantage of "hashchanged" is that it is very literal -- the
> attribute
> called "hash" changed just before the event fired.

It's not firing on the location object, though, and A elements also
have a "hash" attribute. So the relationship is a little indirect.

> But, I'm very open to changing the event name. What would you suggest?

Some suggestions:

onfragmentscroll (thought it might not scroll if nothing has that
fragment ID)
onfragmentchanged
onfragmentload (not quite accurate but reminiscent of onload)

Regards,
Maciej