[whatwg] My case for Ruby-elements

Keryx Web webmaster at keryx.se
Sun Aug 12 05:20:54 PDT 2007

Today, in a private mail Simon Pieters said that HTML 5 will probably
get the ruby-elements as well.

I had intended to write about this to this list and now simply will ask
if this is the case?

Personally I have a special use-case. Being a theologian I would like to
provide historical documents in an interlinear fashion:

  Kai  ho   logos sarx  egeneto (Oh, yea, it should be in greek font....)
  and  the  word  flesh became  (Literal translation)
  2532 3588 3056  4561  1096    (Strongs numbers)

Imagine this page
http://www.studylight.org/isb/bible.cgi?query=joh+1:14&it=nas&ot=bhs&nt=na&sr=1
with proper semantic markup!

Of course, we theologians are a small minority of mankind, but the
CJK-languages will profit from ruby as well, right?

Lars Gunther