[whatwg] Offline Web Apps

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Aug 23 20:18:58 PDT 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I haven't read over the details but there seems to be an obvious
> showstopper problem: this won't work for web applications that consist
> of more than one page.

Indeed, that was called out as a potential issue. But is that really a
problem? It's easy to work around (e.g. with iframe)s if you really must
have multiple "top-level" pages, but aren't web apps moving to a one-page
model anyway?

The problem gets significantly more complicated with multiple top-level
pages all taking part in the same conceptual application.