[whatwg] Removal of Ogg is *preposterous*

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) rudd-o at rudd-o.com
Tue Dec 11 21:08:54 PST 2007

El Mié 12 Dic 2007, Robert Sayre escribió:
> On Dec 11, 2007 6:51 PM, David Hyatt <hyatt at apple.com> wrote:
> > SHOULD is toothless.
>
> Spefications aren't laws. MUSTs are toothless as well.
>
> >  It carries absolutely no weight.  I don't think
> > it's appropriate for such weak language to be in the HTML5 spec.  It
> > should either be a MUST (which is inappropriate at this juncture for
> > reasons that Dave Singer. Ian Hickson and myself have posted about in
>
> It isn't weak language. It places the blame squarely on the party who
> fails to meet the requirement.

Agreed with you, Robert.  If SHOULD carries absolutely no weight... then why
don't we just leave the paragraph there?  Stop eluding this question.

Oh, prepare for a barrage of uneducated comments.  My article just hit Digg
front page and is climbing rapidly in diggs.  I edited the text on the
article a bit to discourage uneducated participation on the list.
--

	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) <rudd-o at rudd-o.com>
	Rudd-O.com - http://rudd-o.com/

Q:	How many Zen masters does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A:	None.  The Universe spins the bulb, and the Zen master stays out
	of the way.