[whatwg] html5 + ogg

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 08:41:13 PST 2007

The spec is not finalised and the a/v baseline codec question is one
of the open questions.

As exerience from the W3C video workshop shows, all involved parties
want to find a solution for a baseline codec that can actually be
mandated. I am confident that the new year will see us solve this
problem with a royalty-fee codec that is acceptable to everybody,
however, it will take time and a lot of discussions. Flamewars won't
help (not that this thread is one, but we have had a few threads that
were pretty close to a flamewar).

I am expecting progress from technical and legal discussions, possibly
in small expert groups. This is a hard problem, but people are working
on it.

Best Regards,
Silvia.