[whatwg] [uf-discuss] Microformats, WebApps 1.0 and UI widgets in browsers

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Thu Feb 1 03:15:25 PST 2007

In message <CFB7AE0F-26B4-4BC1-AB54-99E72E0E94B2 at mac.com>, Kevin Marks
<kevinmarks at mac.com> writes

>On Jan 31, 2007, at 11:25 PM, Karl Dubost wrote:
>>       At first, I say “cool, very cool!”. Then, taking a step back,
>>I think what about the documents which have been created for the
>>last 15 years before microformats effort existed. These documents
>>contain class names which are probably and most certainly very
>>similar to some values defined by microformats community.
>
>Karl, can you document instances of use of 'vcard', 'vevent',  'hfeed,'
>'hresume', 'hreview' etc before microformats defined them?
>
>Very similar isn't an issue; exactly identical is.

I shouldn't be in the least surprised if "geo" wasn't already in use
somewhere, and probably "adr"

Also, given that, after sending vast amounts of money, multinational
companies still mange to release models of cars with names which
translate into things like "you smell" in certain territories, what
efforts have been made to check that, say, "hfeed" doesn't mean, say,
"menu" in some language or other?

--
Andy Mabbett
                 <http://www.pigsonthewing.org.uk/uFsig/>