[whatwg] overlap and Browser DOMs

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Fri Feb 2 11:04:07 PST 2007

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 19:57:21 +0100, Elliotte Harold
<elharo at metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
>> Only if there's non-whitespace content as far as I can tell.
>
> In my tests taking out the whitespace did not change the results, though
> one might have expected it to.

I tested in Firefox 2 fwiw.

>>> What does Opera do? I haven't been able to coax it into giving me an
>>> answer yet.
>>  "magic"
>
> Could you perhaps elaborate? Does Opera show a single node which is a
> child of both p elements? If so, which is its parent?

   html
     body
         strong

(Also for variants with text nodes in between.)

It should be noted that this is quite different from the actual rendering
you get. This is this way mostly for performance reasons and works quite
fine.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>