[whatwg] XSLT: HTML 5 --> HTML
david at empyree.org
Thu Feb 8 12:00:01 PST 2007
On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 19:17:32 +0000, Nicholas Shanks wrote:
> On 6 Feb 2007, at 07:57, Karl Dubost wrote:
>>> unlikely. "div" and "span" elements didn't exist in HTML+.
> Ironically I was just reading that earlier today, then saw your post!
> (I hadn't been reading this thread.)
> I wish the <image>fallback</image> tags had made it through the
> years. It's so much better than <img alt="blah"> and doesn't suffer
> from the self-closing-tag-in-html problem.
HTML 3.0 too had some great ideas. I'm still missing
- FN (but CSS3 has something about footnote that may fix this)
- LH (caption for list! A must-have)
- NOTE (I use <tt>for remarks)
Some others I don't miss much but seemed good
- ISINDEX (well, I'm not missing it, I just never understood what it
was meant for)
- PERSON and AU (why were they removed while CITE and ADDRESS are still
More information about the whatwg