[whatwg] The m element

David Latapie david at empyree.org
Thu Feb 8 14:06:48 PST 2007

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 18:21:08 +0000, Nicholas Shanks wrote:
> Try to compare it with <ins> and <del>, it's an element concerned
> with editing a document post-authorship, not marking up the
> document's inherent structure.

Personally, I use <ins>/<del> a lot on my blog, to show updates. I
don't know if it supposed to be used that way, but this is an example
of use outside of traditional, “diff-like” text editing.

You may have a point here. So we would have two dimensions (don't pay
attention to the words):
- structure/intrinsic
- post-authorship/manipulation (like searching)
--
</david_latapie>             U+0F00
http://blog.empyree.org/en (English)