[whatwg] De-emphasis

David Latapie david at empyree.org
Thu Feb 8 17:24:31 PST 2007

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 01:18:51 +0000, Nicholas Shanks wrote:
> On 8 Feb 2007, at 22:31, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>
>> On Feb 8, 2007, at 21:09, Nicholas Shanks wrote:
>>
>>> <de-em>, <de-emph>, <subdue> or other new element
>>
>> What would the default visual presentation be?
>
> One or more of:
> none (i.e. same as span: 'inherit everything')
> opacity: 0.8
> font-size: smaller
> parentheses ::before and ::after (in a text browser, say)

I'm appeased to see I'm not the only one who thought about generated
parentheses (we might have a problem with text browser there -- not
sure).

I would warn you against opacity. From my experience, it often *draws*
attention isntead of the contrary.

--
</david_latapie>             U+0F00
http://blog.empyree.org/en (English)