[whatwg] Heading, binding, LH (was:XSLT: HTML 5 --> HTML)

David Latapie david at empyree.org
Fri Feb 9 04:53:06 PST 2007

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:42:58 +0100, Jorgen Horstink wrote:
> I totally agree. But then I would suggest to use some sort of title
> element. But that would not make sense because it conflicts with Hx.
> But if we want something like LH for lists, the question is; aren't
> there other elements which can use some sort of caption/title/header?

I agree. For images, I use a definition list
dd = image
dt = description
(in that order, since I want a bottom "caption")

> But to be honest, this looks silly to me too. My main concern is;
> does a LH attribute cover the entire problem of 'heading' some
> element, or is another mechanism needed to solve the issue if the
> problem is broader?

Your binding idea is great. I don't know much about binding (does the
new BeCSS draft at W3C has anything to do with that?). I'm deeply
interested in following this discussion.
--
</david_latapie>             U+0F00
http://blog.empyree.org/en (English)