[whatwg] Heading, binding, LH (was:XSLT: HTML 5 --> HTML)

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Feb 9 06:25:32 PST 2007

Le 2007-02-09 à 8:48, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :

> On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 14:46:11 +0100, David Latapie
> <david at empyree.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 14:31:30 +0100, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>>
>>> FWIW, this is totally wrong. (For one, they won't be associated with
>>> each other.)
>>
>> Could you elaborate on this or point me to a page about it?
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/lists.html#h-10.3

That's a pretty long read for a simple explanation.

Basically, definitions lists are defined as a list of terms and their
associated definitions. Each group of one or more terms followed by a
group of one or more definition form a definition group that
associates the terms and the definitions of that group.

If you put definitions before the terms, then, following the
semantics of HTML definitions are associated with the wrong terms:
the terms above them. If you have only one definition and one term,
in that order, then there is no valid definition group and no
semantic association between the term and the definition.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/