[whatwg] several messages about HTML5

Karl Dubost karl at w3.org
Tue Feb 20 19:20:56 PST 2007

Le 21 févr. 2007 à 09:05, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> If we want to make HTML5 successful, we have to make sure the browser
> vendors pay attention to it. Any requirements that make their
> market share
> go down relative to browsers who aren't following the spec will
> immediately be ignored.

it seems a reasonable thought, but there are at least two cases,
where it has not been the case.

	* CSS: text/plain versus text/css
	* HTML: closing the TABLE element

We have to be careful on what we think will happen as much as we have
to be careful on the reason of success of this and that. History is
not an experiment and can't be tested and proved.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***