[whatwg] several messages about HTML5

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 11:15:41 PST 2007

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
> James Graham wrote:
>> Obviously I would love to be proven wrong but given the
>> limited success in this field in the last decade, I'm not holding my breath.
>
> What actual attempts have been made in this field, that could be judged
> relative successes or failures?

The best category of software to use for examples is that of "WYSIWYG"
XML editors. These generally try to get users to specify semantics while
simultaneously showing them the presentational result of those semantics
  and constraining them to some kind of schema.

For example:
http://xopus.com/
http://www.syntext.com/products/serna/
http://bitfluxeditor.org/

Whether they have been a successes or failures I'll leave for others to
decide.