[whatwg] <blockquote cite> and <q cite>

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Mon Jan 1 06:39:46 PST 2007

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 17:01:52 +0100, Sander Tekelenburg
<tekelenb at euronet.nl> wrote:
> Some UA authors are represented in WHATWG, so I'd think it should be
> rather easy to find out what they find
> unclear about the current spec.

I don't think it's unclear, I'm just not sure it's the best way to do it.
Some time ago I thought of a way with XBL to expose it, similar to how
Internet Explorer exposes an image toolbar you would have an icon when you
hover over a <blockquote> or <q> which has a cite attribute. Somehow you
have to make that keyboard accessible as well though, I suppose.

By the way, I didn't really get the arguments about implementing a
construct like:

At least not for visual user agents.

--
Anne van Kesteren