[whatwg] Semantic styling languages in the guise of HTML attributes.

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 02:46:59 PST 2007

Hallvord R M Steen wrote:
> >  you have an opinion that few if any others are rallying behind.
>
> Perhaps because it seems too obvious to discuss?

It doesn't seem obvious to anyone over on the microformat list, AFAICT.  If
it is that critical, why are all those to whom it is obvious making the case
on uf-discuss?

> You could go back to the list of markup samples, and tell us
> for each of them what you feel the actual semantic of that
> should be, and how it should be handled visually or in form
> submission. Once you've tried to understand the complexity
> involved we'll have more common ground for the discussion.

Unfortunately, this aspect is not my highest priority.  The unfortunate
thing is I'll probably just have to knowingly generate invalid HTML in some
cases because I know the browsers will handle it, as will so many others who
are using semantic markup in HTML who bump into the limitations imposed by
the specification writer.  FWIW.

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/