[whatwg] Proposing URI Templates for WebForms 2.0

Jerome Louvel contact at noelios.com
Fri Jan 12 03:22:25 PST 2007

Hi Mike,

That would be so nice to see such a proposal accepted for HTML 5.0, in
addition to adding support for PUT and DELETE actions.

Even though the URI template RFC is not finalized yet, we already have a
complete support for it, on the server-side, in the Restlet framework.
We happily use them for our URI-based routing and I think they add a lot
of expressiveness while keeping a simple syntax. Usage example:
http://www.restlet.org/tutorial#part11

They are also supported in WADL, the RESTful description language, and
in the OpenSearch specification. Extending their usage to HTML forms
sounds like a logical and useful step.

Regards,
Jerome Louvel
http://blog.noelios.com