[whatwg] Sandboxing scripts in pages

Asbjørn Ulsberg asbjorn at tigerstaden.no
Fri Jan 12 11:53:12 PST 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 17:34:03 +0100, James M Snell <jasnell at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Whatever shape the mechanism ultimately takes, having a way of isolating
> scripts within a document would be extremely beneficial.

+1. I think having a separate HTML element is the wrong solution, but a
CSS property called 'reset'[1] and a DOM property called 'restrict'[2]
could achieve the same goal but without "polluting" HTML with stuff that
isn't really HTML related and which semantics doesn't make sense in an
HTML context.

The CSS property has already been mentioned on this list, but the
discussion faded kind of quick so I would like to bring it up again.

____
1. With the possible values of '*' (resets the inheritance and cascade of
all properties) and all CSS property values defined in CSS1+2+3.
2. Not sure which values this property should have yet.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg     -=|=-    http://virtuelvis.com/quark/