[whatwg] E4X and attribute values

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Wed Jan 17 03:55:07 PST 2007

On Jan 17, 2007, at 01:05, liorean wrote:

> Well, that depends on what you mean by "incompatible".

I meant E4X parsing changing the meaning of some existing ECMA 3rd
ed. programs. I thought that there were such cases, but I guess I was
wrong.

I thought the e4x parameter on the MIME type existed to avoid such
cases. However, it appears that the parameter doesn't exist for that
reason but to work around issues with cargo cult hiding of scripts
from Netscape 1.x and Mosaic-era browsers.

So perhaps there's no problem here and E4X parsing can be enable
everywhere. Sorry about my confusion.

P.S. HTML5 forbids http-equiv="Content-Script-Type".

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/