[whatwg] Comparison of XForms-Tiny and WF2

Dave Raggett dsr at w3.org
Thu Jan 18 10:30:02 PST 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Jon Ferraiolo wrote:

> Hi Dave,
> Thanks for the update. Given that XF-T has already proven to run
> on today's browsers, no matter how the W3C ends up reconciling
> XF-T vs WF2, it seems to me that a MUST requirement is that the
> result of this XF-T vs WF2 reconciliation should be technology
> that can be implemented via a small JavaScript library such that
> it can run on top of today's browsers.
>
> It would also be nice if:
>
> 1) There was a highly modular open source implementation of this
> new (XF-T vs WF2) technology which could be added as a module to
> the many fine Ajax libraries that exist in the world.
> 2) There was some attention to make sure that this new (XF-T vs
> WF2) technology were designed to integrate well with HTML/Ajax
> IDEs so that developers can create and debug their applications
> using modern software development approaches, such as WYSIWYG
> developer tools and integrated debuggers.
>
> Jon

Both sound like excellent suggestions, and I would be interested in
exploring them further, preferably in collaboration with people who
know much more about Ajax IDEs than I do.

p.s. I think that it isn't a question of XF-T vs WF2, but rather a
synthesis of the best of both proposals. I will be exploring this on
the public wiki maintained by the W3C Forms working group over the
next month or so.

  Dave Raggett <dsr at w3.org> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett