[whatwg] Comparison of XForms-Tiny and WF2

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Sun Jan 28 06:31:14 PST 2007

Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

> It's not replacing it, as XForms 1.0 MUST be in an XML document, whereas
> WF2 can be put in an HTML document. Both, IMO, have very different
> use-cases.

FUD. FUD, FUD.

The W3C is trying to drive the Web to XHTML. XForms is part of this vision.

Some people disagree with this and have formed the WhatWG to support
classic HTML and a different kind of forms tech.

The two technologies are in active competition. Maybe one will win.
Maybe both will. Maybe neither. I don't know, and I'm not sure which I
prefer to happen. Some days I prefer one. Some days the other.

But don't kid yourself. They are absolutely competing with each other
for market and mindshare, and that competition is only going to grow
over the next year.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!