[whatwg] additional key attribute in form field

Alexander nav at ciklum.net
Fri Jul 6 04:32:17 PDT 2007

Greetings,

i wonder why there's still no a special 'key' attribute for every form field implemented.

Let's say I have rendered table from query result and one column could be updateable via text field.
And let's say record id field is uniqueidentifier (not integer). I'd like to write the following:

<form ...>
!--- Loop query results ---!
<input type="text" key="{id_value_here}" name="quantity" value="">
<input type="text" key="{id_value_here}" name="quantity" value="">
!--- End of loop ---!
</form>

and

when submitting the form and checking results on server, I'd like to know the 'owner' of every quantity field:

!--- loop via quantity fields ---!
if (quantity.key == 'XXXXXXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX') { ... }
!--- end of loop ---!

Regards,
Alexander.