[whatwg] More comments and questions on Web Apps 1.0

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Wed Jun 6 02:41:03 PDT 2007

On Jun 1, 2007, at 09:34, Ian Hickson wrote:

>>> I don't know which section this is talking about.
>>
>> It was about <datagrid>.
>>
>>> Is it better now?
>>
>> I think the non-normative intro section still doesn't sufficiently
>> cover
>> the relationship to the DOM and the CSS frame tree.
>
> The relationship to CSS will all be in the rendering section.
>
> I guess I don't really know what you think is needed in the intro
> section,
> I'm probably too close to it. Could you write some questions that you
> think an intro section should answer?

  * When the data source was initialized from the DOM, will changes
to the datagrid be reflected back to the DOM?
  * Is the datagrid a replaced element for the purposes of CSS or
tree of anonymous/generated boxes?
  * What parts (if any) are expected to map to native widgets in
Cocoa/Win32/GTK+?
  * Is datagrid useful for any purpose without scripting? If yes,
please give an example.
  * What is datagrid expected to look like in visual UAs?
  * Is datagrid rendering expected to have pixel-consistent metrics
across visual UAs?

Answers to these would help a lot in setting up expectations against
which the normative part could be understood.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/