[whatwg] Google Gears and HTML5

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Mon Jun 11 03:49:15 PDT 2007

Chris Prince wrote:

> Gears returns an error when you first try to setup an ambiguous
> capture.
>
> How do you do that when an ambiguity is discovered during a manifest
update?

Since you're here, I'm curious about the motivation for a few of the Gears
features. In particular, what's the use case for "remove", "rename" and
"copy"  in ResourceStore? Also, what motivates the provision of multiple
named stores with independent enable/disable control? What about opening
stores --- is that some sort of approximation to "logging in"? What does it
actually do, given that "the URLs contained in a store are eligible for
local serving without requiring the application to open the store"? When are
stores closed?

Thanks!!

Rob
--
"Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred
denarii, and the other fifty. Neither of them had the money to pay him back,